Monday, January 12, 2009

A glimpse of 2008...

A glimpse of 2008...

Hello Family and Friends, this is completely new for me, but I figured it's high time we joined the blogger world! 2008 has been a remarkable year for Tim and I; full of new friends, new destinations, and lots of exciting changes! We've spent the last two and a half years here in San Antonio, TX, and of course since Texas is my home state (mini-country) I've been in-love! Tim is finishing his doctorate in Physical Therapy, and will graduate in March '09. He has really enjoyed the program, the professors, of course the students, and he's learning to endure his internship =). I just graduated with my Master's of Divinity; three very long years in coming, but I already miss the insightful wisdom from my teachers and friends.

God has blessed us in so many ways, and each new day seems to be filled with new miracles and new opportunities to invest our lives in the people we encounter along the journey. What a joy it has been to serve as the associate minister at First Christian Church in San Marcos for the past seven months. We have met some life-long friends that I hope we'll continue to see years down the road.

Our time here in Texas is slowly coming to an end, and the moments I get to spend with my family are becoming more precious and important than ever. Luckily, our new destination helps to ease the sting of leaving behind my family and homeland, because in three short months we will be moving to Hawaii!!

From the moment I met Tim, our life together has always been an adventure, a journey, something new and exciting. I think maybe God always intended our lives to be that way, always surprising us with the new and unexpected, even if the new seems bad at times (or really is bad) something unexpected always seems to blossom out of it...well, at least that's been my experience.

So here's to our life, some days it's a walk in the park, others it's a trial to make it through, but it's our life and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

jen said...

Melissa, I love your cute little blog! I can't wait for you to move to Hawaii and start posting pictures of all the adventures you and Tim go on. You have to find a cat babysitter as soon as you get there!!! Oh, and I would much rather you live in Texas...but, since that isn't happening I'm glad you get to go somewhere pretty! love you bugger head...