Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas at our house!

This Christmas instead of heading down to my parents house to be with my sisters and their husbands, they came to us! Although we missed a few favorite traditions, Tim and I were able to start some of our own, for the very first time. Here are a few pics of the blessed event:

We didn't really have time to go to the tree farm and cut down our own, one of my favorite traditions. So instead we had to settle for an already cut tree, it was from Montana or Wyoming or one of those really cold places where perfect Christmas trees grow. We bought the tree 5hrs before the family made it to our house, 5 days before Christmas, which meant the tree was 50% off; they were practically begging us to buy it. I think we discovered a new Christmas tradition! Figure we'll keep it up until it dies just so the tree can fulfill it's Christmas destiny; maybe we'll make it into a Valentine's day tree or even an Easter tree, we'll see how long it lasts.



The turkey was a daunting task, Tim nor I had ever cooked an animal this large, and we were not quite sure what we where to begin. But as not to appear incompetent or nervous, thus frightening those who would partake of this delicious beast of a creature, we decided to fill the turkey with as many things as possible...carrots, celery, potatoes, pineapples, apples... really any fruit or vegetable we could get our hands on, and then to top it off we soaked it in butter =). It was Tim's first turkey...and it was the best turkey i've ever tasted!!





Our family feasting!


Everyone together for Christmas Eve...I was taking the pic!



Christmas could never be complete without our annual reading of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever! (It's Ryan's favorite tradition!)



And Of Course No Christmas is complete without some fun, competitive games!

Finally, Christmas wouldn't be the same without attending our traditional Christmas Eve Service. Although this year, the service was especially important to me as I was honored to lead in the reading of the Christmas story and serve communion to a group a people I have grown to love and cherish. They have become my second family and this church my second home. FCC San Marcos truly exemplify the meaning of Christian generosity and hospitality.


So from our family to yours, we hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and a New Year filled with all the best hopes and dreams that life can offer!


Blessings and Peace

2 comments:

Riann said...

Yea!!! I am so glad to see you in our Bloggy world!! Now we can keep up with you guys while you are basking in the sun and fun of Hawaii- can't wait to see those beautiful pictures!

steve said...

Hey, looks like you have time to update my facebook account, or maybe start a blog for me...just don't want you getting bored!!!
great blog, me