Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cooking, Cleaning, and Leasing!


Yay! Our house is finally on the market! Now all we need is for someone to lease it!! Unfortunately, the day it goes on the market is the day Texas decides to unleash a monster cold front! Seriously, where did this come from? I was wearing shorts yesterday, and today i'm afraid to go outside for fear of frostbite or pneumonia. So i'm guessing there won't be many brave souls wanting to view our house today, but maybe tomorrow.


I do have to say, it took us FOREVER to find the right property manager. We searched high and low, and all we found were terrible rates and crappy management systems, BUT low and behold good 'ole Royce was found! Amy and Dave, our good friends here, gave us this guys name... he's prior military (36yrs), caters to military families, and has unbeatable prices, great recommendations, and it's a family business. Seriously, what more could you ask for?? Quick shout-out for Royce, but no kidding, if you are a military family and you're looking to buy, lease, sell, or rent this is the place for you! So if you're looking, look no further, check out the Royce Simmonds group!


On another happy note, I think in a previous life I might have been a chef. Ok, maybe not a great chef, and I probably stole other peoples recipes, BUT a chef none the less. Last week I cooked FIVE new amazing meals!! I only took pictures of a few, which is probably fortunate for you, and none of them were actually MY recipes, but they still tasted pretty doggone good! I wish you could have been here to enjoy these meals, especially since we had a TON of left-overs, which we always SAY we'll eat and a few weeks later they walk themselves to the trashcan. So here are a few pics that made the book...and yes, i have a photo book filled with pictures of meals i've cooked (i'm that pathetic!)
This might not look very appetizing, but it was fabulous! Everything made from scratch...roasted garlic pork, spanish rice, and fried whole okra, with homemade dipping sauce! YUMMY. The second pic was some italian dish that Tim loves, I can't pronounce the name, so you can be certain I have no idea how to spell it! But i made it with homemade italian meatballs that were baked in the oven, which really baffled my mind!


Finally, we went out with some of our good friends this weekend to my FAVORITE mexican restaurant CHUY'S, oh how I will miss good mexican food in Hawaii! After the wonderful meal, we headed to Amy's for some games and DESSERT. So this is my final pic, promise, but it's a picture of the chocolate cheesecake (Barefoot Contessa Recipe). First time to make it, and amazingly it was incredible, to die for, if i can say so myself =).


Last but not least, thought i might leave you with a pic of my WONDERFUL (can't say that enough, seriously he's amazing!) husband's attempt at cleaning this week. Here's a pic of him and Tiger cleaning, or supposedly cleaning (they are putting away clean clothes together...yes, those clothes might look dirty, but in fact they are actually clean!) In all seriousness though, he has put a lot of time and energy getting our house ready to be put on the market, thanks babe!

Well, that's it for today, i'm off to bake some cookies in hopes that they'll warm me up and maybe i'll put in the Sound of Music, cold days deserve a good background movie. Hope wherever you are, you're bundled up and happy!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Those dishes look delish!! Fried okra is the way to my heart ;) Very proud of you Betty Crocker!

amy said...

You should open a bakery! I'm also really happy that you guys got your house listed :)