Monday, March 9, 2009

.....................Something Heavenly

I feel like my house is a perpetual mess. The more we clean, the worse it gets, and unfortunately, we really don’t have time for it to get worse. As of today, we have three weeks left, let me say that a little louder, THREE WEEKS LEFT!! Three weeks to clean, well really, more like scrub, scrub every baseboard, wall, counter top, floor, scrub inside and out of every cabinet, door, garage… everything. Three weeks to finish painting, to pull the dead things growing in the backyard and attempt to make the grass look alive again…three weeks to put the house on the market, to pray that someone comes along and rents it before we leave, and three weeks to say good-bye. Good-bye to a place that we’ve actually fallen in love with. I love San Antonio and I love New Braunfels and I love San Marcos! Everything about this place is perfect: the food, our church, our dear church friends, the weather, the time Tim spends at work and the time he spends at home (which is a GREAT ratio!), my work (or at least the place I use to work!), our friends from the PT program, our family close by, everything about this place is perfect. Good-byes are never easy, but it’s always nice when they are accompanied with something good…you know, like moving to a tropical paradise =), or a place where you already have good friends, or a place that you know will make you a little more stronger and adventurous. That’s kind of what the military life is all about, you never know exactly where you are going, but you always have the potential of making it into something good, a place where you can walk away and say, we’ve fallen in love and it will be hard to say good-bye! But I guess that’s kind of life in general, we always have the potential for making it into something good. So here's to a clean house, happy good-byes, and the potential for good!

1 comment:

amy said...

I am totally with you on taking what you get and making it something great. That is how I want to live my life at any rate!!!